ARLINGTON, VA. – (December 4, 2017) – At the 2017 Heating, Air-conditioning & Refrigeration Distributors International (HARDI) Annual Conference in Las Vegas, NV, NATE recognized seven HARDI member companies for their outstanding commitment to promoting NATE certification and building a skilled, capable HVACR workforce.
Top Single Location Certifier for 2016, Mingledorff’s of Norcross, Georgia was once again recognized as the overall winner, with Johnstone Supply of Denver, Colorado receiving the Most Improved Certifier award. All 2017 awardees, listed below, will receive large banner signs, which they can display in their locations to recognize their accomplishments and drive interest in the NATE technician certification program among their customers. In addition, each will receive a cash prize to be used to celebrate with their staff.
Winners by Region:
- Top Certifier and Top Southeastern Region Certifier: Mingledorff’s of Norcross, Georgia
- Most Improved Certifier and the Top Central Region Certifier: Johnstone Supply, Denver, Colorado
- Top Great Lakes Region Certifier: Refrigeration Sales Inc. (RSI), Valley View, Ohio
- Top Mid-Atlantic Region Certifier: Standard Air & Lite Corporation, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Top Northeastern Region Certifier: Johnstone Supply, White Plains, New York
- Top Southwestern Region Certifier: Johnstone Supply, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Top Western Region Certifier: AIREFCO, Inc. Tualatin, Oregon
“Because we work to encourage technician development, it is only fitting that we recognize the industry partners that help us to achieve this mission,” said John Lanier, NATE COO. “The NATE Certifier Awards are a symbol of our appreciation to HARDI members who offer NATE testing, and in so doing, add value to the customers and communities they serve.”
When distributors offer NATE training and testing as a part of their customer success programs, they build stronger relationships with contractors, who benefit from higher customer satisfaction rates, reduced warranty costs and less demand on technical service and support staff.
In the coming weeks, NATE will utilize text messages to share renewal deadline reminders, promotional information and alerts. Simply ensure that your mobile number is the primary number listed in your myNATE account, and you can benefit from this free* service.
The platform that NATE uses is a 100% opt-out service. Those who do not wish to receive messages can opt out at any time. Phone numbers and contact information will not be shared with other organizations, so those wishing to receive text alerts can be assured that their contact information is secure. To unsubscribe from the message alerts, simply text ‘STOP’ or contact NATE’s customer service team at 877-420-6283.
*Message and data rates may apply in the U.S., and standard message and data rates apply in Canada.
Do you wear your NATE with pride? Then we’d love to see! Help NATE celebrate 20 years of certification excellence by sharing fun photos of yourself or fellow NATE-certified technicians wearing your NATE patches. We want to see you – out on the job, at the office, helping your customers, in a training class or whatever you see fit. Get creative and share your pics with us! Email email@example.com with your name, phone number and photo for a chance to win cool prizes! Keep in mind that your first name and photo may be posted to our Facebook and Twitter pages. Stay tuned to www.natex.org, as well as our social media accounts using #CelebrateWithNATE, to celebrate with us all year long!
Much like educational degrees, HVAC certifications show proficiency and expertise.
Like any profession, continuing education and training in the HVACR industry is a must. Many contractors see certifications as a way of just this.
ARLINGTON, VA. – (February 8, 2017) – North American Technician Excellence (NATE) is celebrating its 20th anniversary with a #CelebrateWithNATE campaign.
A special anniversary page, www.natex.org/celebratewithnate lists activities of campaign, to include:
- A 20 percent discount on all items, including training materials, apparel, hats, chevrons, patches, decals and accessories at the NATE online store at www.store.natex.org for during February (in honor of NATE’s founding in 1997) with special promo code NATE20
- The first ever National NATE Testing Week, March 6-11, 2017, to help interested test-takers schedule testing with participating approved NATE Testing Organizations
- A special video featuring industry leaders from manufacturing, distribution, and contracting, discussing the value of NATE to the industry
- A special commemorative issue of the NATE Magazine
- Special anniversary booth giveaways at industry events
“For the past 20 years, NATE has been committed to elevating the industry by certifying the finest professionals in HVACR,” said John Lanier, NATE COO. The key to NATE’s longevity is that it was created and supported by the entire HVACR industry, for the benefit NATE certification provides throughout the value chain. We are thrilled to invite the industry to #CelebrateWithNATE the progress NATE has made over these two decades, as we work to continue to support the industry for decades more to come.”
As an ever-increasing number of industry professionals recognize the value of NATE certification, the number of certified technicians is reaching new heights. Today, nearly 34,000 technicians hold an active NATE certification throughout North America.
Stakeholders throughout the HVACR value chain benefit from NATE certification:
- Technicians who have earned NATE certification are preferred among consumers, require fewer callbacks, and generate more income for their employers, thus earning higher wages on average and demonstrating greater value to employers than non-certified technicians.
- Contractors prefer NATE-certified technicians because they remain in the industry longer, know how to do the job right the first time and are more productive than non-certified technicians.
- Manufacturers and distributors know that NATE certification encourages proper installation and service, which means fewer warranty returns and, ultimately, a better bottom line.
- Educators and trainers benefit from NATE certification’s uniform testing standard.
- Utilities appreciate NATE certification’s focus on correctly installing and servicing sophisticated HVACR equipment, which saves energy and money when operating at peak efficiency.
- Consumers look for NATE certification because they are seeking knowledgeable, well-trained and highly experienced technician who will service their home heating or cooling systems.
About North American Technician Excellence (NATE)
NATE is the nation’s largest industry-endorsed, non-profit certification organization for heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) technicians. Candidates can earn installation and/or service certification in 11 specialty areas: air conditioning, air distribution, heat pumps, gas heating, oil heating, hydronics gas, hydronics oil, commercial refrigeration, light commercial refrigeration, ground source heat pump and senior efficiency analyst.
For more information about NATE, visit www.natex.org.
# # #