Spring Meeting Held in Arlington, VA on Thursday, April 14th 2011
ARLINGTON, VA. – (April 20, 2011) – North American Technician Excellence (NATE) held its biannual board of trustees meeting on Thursday, April 14, 2011. Members of the board travelled from different areas throughout the country to attend the spring meeting at NATE headquarters in Arlington, VA.
Ray Isaac, Chairman of the NATE Board of Trustees and President of Isaac Heating & Air Conditioning in Rochester, NY, presided over the meeting. Peter Schwartz, NATE President and CEO, was officially introduced to the board and provided a report on recent achievements and the latest implementations. In addition, Patrick Murphy, Vice President of Certification for NATE, shared several technical reports, and Kathy Corr, NATE’s Director of Strategic Relationships, provided an update on topics related to partnerships and testing. Finally, Chicago-based Marketing Support, Inc., NATE’s agency of record, also shared an overview of marketing efforts and initiatives in 2011.
In addition to Isaac, the following board members were present at the meeting:
- Scott Boxer, Immediate Past Chairman of the NATE Board of Trustees, Frisco, TX
- Carole Poindexter, Secretary-Treasurer of the NATE Board of Trustees; President, Baker Distributing Company, Jacksonville, FL
- Don Frendberg, Executive Vice President & COO, Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Distributors International (HARDI), Columbus, OH
- Joe Fristik, Vice President & Group Publisher, Contracting Business Magazine, Cleveland, OH
- Rick Hennig, Chairman, Eastern Heating & Cooling Council (EHCC), Mount Laurel, NJ
- Gerard “Gerry” Kennedy, Executive Vice President, Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Association (PHCC), Falls Church, VA
- Paul Kyllo, Program Manager, Southern California Edison, Irwindale, CA
- Nance Lovvorn, President, Lovvorn Consulting Services, Birmingham, AL
- Mark Lowry, Executive Vice President, Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (RSES), Des Plaines, IL
- Ed Purvis, Executive Vice President, Emerson Climate Technologies, Sidney, OH
- Paul Stalknecht, President & CEO, Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA), Arlington, VA
- David Swift, President & CEO, Goodman Manufacturing, Houston, TX
- Steve Yurek, President, Air-Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration Institute (AHRI), Arlington, VA
Also in attendance from the NATE Advisory Council was Randy Tice, Past Chairman of the NATE Board of Trustees and Chairman of the Board for APR Supply Company in Lebanon, PA.
The next NATE Board of Trustees meeting will be held in fall 2011.
About North American Technician Excellence (NATE)
Headquartered in Arlington, Va., NATE was founded in 1997 as the nation’s largest non-profit certification organization for heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration technicians. NATE tests technicians while others train. Testing validates the technician’s knowledge and a training program’s instruction. NATE-approved testing organizations throughout the U.S. and Canada offer NATE tests. Candidates can earn installation and/or service certification in nine specialty areas: air-conditioning, air distribution, heat pumps, gas heating, oil heating, hydronic gas, hydronic oil, and commercial, light commercial refrigeration and senior efficiency analyst. NATE also offers the International Ground Source Heat Pump test. For more information about NATE, visit www.natex.org.