ARLINGTON, VA. – (December 4, 2017) – At the 2017 Heating, Air-conditioning & Refrigeration Distributors International (HARDI) Annual Conference in Las Vegas, NV, NATE recognized seven HARDI member companies for their outstanding commitment to promoting NATE certification and building a skilled, capable HVACR workforce.
Top Single Location Certifier for 2016, Mingledorff’s of Norcross, Georgia was once again recognized as the overall winner, with Johnstone Supply of Denver, Colorado receiving the Most Improved Certifier award. All 2017 awardees, listed below, will receive large banner signs, which they can display in their locations to recognize their accomplishments and drive interest in the NATE technician certification program among their customers. In addition, each will receive a cash prize to be used to celebrate with their staff.
Winners by Region:
- Top Certifier and Top Southeastern Region Certifier: Mingledorff’s of Norcross, Georgia
- Most Improved Certifier and the Top Central Region Certifier: Johnstone Supply, Denver, Colorado
- Top Great Lakes Region Certifier: Refrigeration Sales Inc. (RSI), Valley View, Ohio
- Top Mid-Atlantic Region Certifier: Standard Air & Lite Corporation, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Top Northeastern Region Certifier: Johnstone Supply, White Plains, New York
- Top Southwestern Region Certifier: Johnstone Supply, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Top Western Region Certifier: AIREFCO, Inc. Tualatin, Oregon
“Because we work to encourage technician development, it is only fitting that we recognize the industry partners that help us to achieve this mission,” said John Lanier, NATE COO. “The NATE Certifier Awards are a symbol of our appreciation to HARDI members who offer NATE testing, and in so doing, add value to the customers and communities they serve.”
When distributors offer NATE training and testing as a part of their customer success programs, they build stronger relationships with contractors, who benefit from higher customer satisfaction rates, reduced warranty costs and less demand on technical service and support staff.