Depending on whether you are administering paper and pencil tests or online tests, your responsibilities will vary.
When conducting online exams, you will be responsible for:
- Logging in to www.myNATE.org and creating a test session. This setup can be done minutes before your test or ahead of time.
- Recording and printing the Session ID for each test session. One session ID can be used for all candidates that test on the same day.
- Making sure the candidate is accessing the correct exam.
- Being present during the exam.
- Electronically submitting the exam and closing the test session.
Paper and pencil tests
When proctoring a paper and pencil test you will be responsible for:
- Keeping the NATE tests under lock and key or in your personal control.
- Administering the test.
- Reading the NATE script every time you administer a test.
- Checking to make certain the answer sheets are completely filled out.
- Making sure the Test Session Audit Form has been completed, signed and placed in the envelope.
- Providing a third-party release form.
- Ensuring all test booklets and materials (including the Mylar pack the test came in) are placed in the envelope.
- Verifying that all materials are inside the envelope, sealing and initializing it in front of all candidates.
- Confirming that the label is affixed over the flap and initialed by both the candidate and proctor.
Set Up Electronic Testing
The benefit of electronic testing is that testing organizations no longer have to order tests in advance. Instead, you can create an online testing session and administer the test within moments of a candidate registering or requesting a test session. This means that you can administer tests on demand to as few as one candidate.
Any testing organization with computer facilities can administer electronic versions of NATE tests. The procedure for setting up an electronic test is simple.
What you need:
- A Proctor ID
- A Proctor Password
What you do:
- Go to www.myNATE.org.
- Use your myNATE username and password to log in.
- Click on your Proctor folder tab.
- Click on “Online Testing” to create a test session.
- Click on “Create a test session” and print your test session ID.
- Create a test session by entering all required data, including test date, test location, city, state, request for report fax, etc.
- When the candidate arrives to test, go to www.myNATE.org and select the Online Testing folder tab on the right hand side of the myNATE home page. Then enter your proctor ID number and online session code. Please note: in order for the Online Testing folder tab to be available, neither proctor or candidate can be currently logged into myNATE. The candidate logs in after the proctor ID and online code have been entered.