One of the most valuable services you can offer your members is continuing education and training. In today’s competitive world, knowledge is critical to success. NATE tests validate training that associations offer by providing independent third-party results.
Association Partner Testing Organizations and Proctors
Any HVACR industry association or chapter of an industry association can become a NATE Testing Organization (TO) to administer NATE tests. For additional information on becoming a Testing Organization, go to Testing Organizations and Proctors.
Once applications are approved and you have received your ID numbers, you may then schedule a test and order exams. See Getting Started as a Testing Organization
Note: Every NATE test session requires a proctor. A proctor is any individual who takes responsibility as the primary point of information for the testing organization. Proctors handle test oversight at the testing facility, read the proctor test script to all test sessions, are responsible for all test security, and are responsible for returning tests with-in 48 hours of completion of the test session to VGI/NATE Testing by a means of shipment which can be tracked. See Proctor Information
Which Associations Offer the Test?
The following is a partial list of associations that actively participate in NATE certification testing. Learn more about the association programs by clicking on the association name to visit their Web site.
- ACCA (Air Conditioning Contractors of America)
- AMCA (Air Movement and Control International)
- EHCC (Eastern Heating & Cooling Council)
- HARDI (Heating, Air conditioning & Refrigeration Distributors International)
- HRAI (The Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Institute Of Canada)
- IAQA (Indoor Air Quality Association)
- IHACI (Institute of Heating and Air Conditioning Industries)
- NADCA (National Air Duct Cleaners Association)
- NEMI (National Energy Management Institute, representing Sheet Metal Contractors and Sheet Metal Workers)
- PHCC (Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors—National Association)
- RSES (Refrigeration Service Engineers Society)
- RESNET (Residential Energy Services Network)
NATE Recognized Training
Associations can provide training for the NATE tests and can offer Recertification Continuing Education Hours (CEHs) that are NATE recognized.